What is a typical time of push notifications being delivered to iOS users? With our previous provider we were constantly seeing times close to 5 seconds, but for PushWoosh this time is about one minute. Is this typical?

Our use scenario requires very short time from send to receive on end user devices. Maybe higher plan does allow to make that time as short as possible?

asked 15 Jul '14, 12:17
mateuszfiolka's gravatar image

mateuszfiolka

Any update od this? This is quite important to us.

(17 Jul '14, 06:04) mateuszfiolka mateuszfiolka's gravatar image

Hello,

No, it is actually not a typical behavior at all. A notification to forty thousand subscribers should be delivered maximum in ten seconds (of course, in case everything is fine with the Internet connection on the device).

Could you please let us know when you have noticed such delays? If you could provide a message ID, it would be most helpful.

permanent link
answered 18 Jul '14, 07:58
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

I have just observed the same problem. After sending a message I was observing the push notification history page. I have been constantly refreshing the page and watching details and report numbers. For some time (about 20s) message was having status "sending", after that it changed to "sent". However it did change when number of handled devices was far from total number of subscribers. After that this number was growing even when "sent" status was set long before. The whole operation took more than one minute.

Notification message id: 757096023

(22 Jul '14, 19:02) mateuszfiolka mateuszfiolka's gravatar image

@dmitry Have you seen my comment?

(24 Jul '14, 11:24) mateuszfiolka mateuszfiolka's gravatar image

Yes, I have, sorry for the delay. Its reason is we cannot actually put a finger on it - judging from our side, everything is fine, no particular delays or server-side issues were located at the time.

Please note that we are currently working on a major upgrade of our hardware, we expect to finish it within next couple of weeks, and Pushwoosh would be faster than ever.

(29 Jul '14, 09:37) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×326
×9

question asked: 15 Jul '14, 12:17

question was seen: 5,770 times

last updated: 29 Jul '14, 09:37