Hi,

I am looking to begin subscribing to PushWoosh later this year, however before I make any decisions I would just like to confirm how the Tags feature works exactly.

For example, the Premium subscription comes with 3 tags, is this 3 tags per app, or is this 3 tags globally? If it is globally, is is possible to target devices where APP=XXXX and TAG[tagname]=XXXX?

Any clarification would be very much appreciated.

Matt

asked 24 Jul '14, 02:51
synergywdeveloper's gravatar image

synergywdeve...

edited 24 Jul '14, 23:29

Hello,

Yes, our Tags are global on the account. However, please note that Tag value is app-specific, i.e. you can use a Tag "score" in all of your games, and in case your user has two or more of your games installed, Pushwoosh would remember the score for all of them.

As for the targeting question, of course you can! For instance, you can use createTargetedMessage request with the following "devices_filter" section:

"devices_filter":"A(\"appID\") * T(\"Tagname\",EQ,\"value\")"

Please see our Advanced Tags guide for details.

permanent link
answered 28 Jul '14, 11:12
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

Just to follow-up: actually, you can specify whether you would like to have app-specific Tag values when creating a Tag:

alt text

(28 Jul '14, 11:24) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Thanks Dmitry!

So for example I am making an app for a school, and I would like to have tags for each class in the school. This would all be able to be assigned to one tag such as tag [class] = Class1

However, if a parent had children in multiple classes, would I be able to set a tag equal to multiple valuse? [class] = Class1, Class2, Class3

Thanks!

(28 Jul '14, 23:44) synergywdeve... synergywdeveloper's gravatar image

Yes, you would! With our List Tags you can have several Tag values for a single application. You would simply have to pass an array of values in setTags request.

You can save some preferences of your users as well in order to send them notifications about things they are interested in.

(29 Jul '14, 06:10) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×190
×165
×64

question asked: 24 Jul '14, 02:51

question was seen: 11,699 times

last updated: 29 Jul '14, 06:10