So I'm creating a messaging app and want to allow users to chat with each other using emoji and in their own languages (french, japanese, etc.) My plan was to send everything in unicode to the pushwoosh servers and let the platforms (iOS, Android) take care of the rest but I've been unsucessful in doing so. The message always get mangled in the process.

Would/could pushwoosh give an example createMessage JSON object with emoji/other language? Or maybe even just how the string in the "content" property would do too.

asked 12 Aug '14, 20:41
tysjiang's gravatar image

tysjiang

Hello,

You can pass a JSON object in the "content" section of our createMessage request in order to send a multi-language notification. As for the emoji, you can simply add them in the content as well, it would work.

Here's an example with emoji and different languages:

{
    "request": {
        "application": "AppID",
        "auth": "API access token",
        "notifications": [{
            "send_date": "now",
            "ignore_user_timezone": true,
            "content": {
                "fr": "Le roi (♔, ♚)",
                "en": "The king (♔, ♚)"
            }
        }]
    }
}
permanent link
answered 13 Aug '14, 06:50
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

edited 13 Aug '14, 06:50

Thanks, your example worked and the emoji did in fact showed up on the iOS device properly.

Now, if I were not able to copy and paste the emoji ♚ manually since the messages are being created and sent from a server automatically, how would the ♚ be represented text-wise in the request object?

permanent link
answered 13 Aug '14, 22:11

tysjiang

Found an example, this request will send the alien emoji (represented by unicode)

{ "request": { "application": "AppID", "auth": "API access token", "notifications": [{ "send_date": "now", "ignore_user_timezone": true, "content":"\uD83D\uDC7D" }] } }

permanent link
answered 15 Aug '14, 00:18

tysjiang

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×83
×38
×8

question asked: 12 Aug '14, 20:41

question was seen: 2,586 times

last updated: 15 Aug '14, 00:18