Hi, I've currently doing some testing and is able to send emojis via pushwoosh to iOS devices using javascript/Cordova framework. Here's a sample request object that sends the Alien emoji successfully.

{ "request": { "application": "AppID", "auth": "API access token", "notifications": [{ "send_date": "now", "content": "\uE10C" }] } }

However, here's the part I have questions on, the Alien emoji has a different unicode encoding, "\uE10C" for the old iOS Softbank encoding and "\uD83D\uDC7D" for the current iOS unified encoding. If I use the old Softbank encoding, it works (as shown above) but if I use the latest iOS unified encoding "\uD83D\uDC7D", the push never gets sent.

Thus, I'm suspecting that Pushwoosh is only accepting the older Softbank encoding. So: 1. I want to confirm if that is true or not or if I'm just doing something incorrectly. 2. If Pushwoosh is only accepting the older Softbank encoding, are there any plans to support the current iOS unified encoding?

asked 14 Aug '14, 01:09
tysjiang's gravatar image

tysjiang

Hello,

Could you send us the whole createMessage request that fails to work? We have just tested with the following content section:

"content":"\uD83D\uDC7D"

Everything worked fine, push got delivered.

(14 Aug '14, 05:34) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Yep, you're right, everything did work and pushwoosh does in fact support all emoji. (ie. "content":"\uD83D\uDC7D")

Turned out the issue stemmed from my server which was running node.js 0.6.x and had issues dealing with multi-byte unicode. After I upgraded to the latest 0.10.30 of node.js, everything worked perfectly.

permanent link
answered 15 Aug '14, 00:16
tysjiang's gravatar image

tysjiang

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×353
×83
×38

question asked: 14 Aug '14, 01:09

question was seen: 1,445 times

last updated: 15 Aug '14, 00:16