I'm not used ibeacon. but my app rejected. Because iOS SDK used ibeacon. how do you make a inreview message?

asked 19 Sep '14, 05:50
kozyty's gravatar image

kozyty

I think it is because you added "location" value to the UIBackgroundModes key in your info.plist, but review team have considered that your app is not include features that require persistent location (for more information see https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/ ).

Pushwoosh push notifications for iBeacons and geozones works perfectly without this key. You needs to add this key only if app must works in background with high location accuracy and with small PW geozones (<100m).

permanent link
answered 19 Sep '14, 09:40
Fectum's gravatar image

Fectum

Three of my apps have been rejected because of the same reason.. grr.. after waiting 13 days for the review.. Below is the response from Apple. I figured out that only PushWoosh has references to iBeacon in my app, by using the strings command (see below).. I don't have the location value added to the UIBackgroundModes key.. Please fix this, I want to get my apps approved, but I don't want to have PushWoosh removed!!

strings -a Pushwoosh | grep -e 'CLBeaconRegion' CLBeaconRegion.h v40@0:8@"CLLocationManager"16@"NSArray"24@"CLBeaconRegion"32 v40@0:8@"CLLocationManager"16@"CLBeaconRegion"24@"NSError"32 CLBeaconRegion.h CLBeaconRegion @"CLBeaconRegion"

PLA 3.3.1

Additionally, we found that your app uses iBeacons APIs, but does not include iBeacon functionality within the app.

Using these APIs in an unapproved manner is not in compliance with the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

In particular, section 3.3.1 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement specifies:

"Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs"

If there are no alternatives for providing the functionality your app requires, we encourage you to file an enhancement request or to work with the Apple Developer Technical Support team to explore alternative solutions.

permanent link
answered 22 Sep '14, 19:24
cujo30227's gravatar image

cujo30227

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×352
×52
×3

question asked: 19 Sep '14, 05:50

question was seen: 3,090 times

last updated: 22 Sep '14, 19:24