Hi,

May I ask, if a notification push message arrived to a device but the user did not open the notification or the user just clear the notification, so how can my phonegap program get the content of the message? Is this possible?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Puah.

asked 28 Jan '14, 16:19
askeypuah's gravatar image

askeypuah

Please note that when asking a question, you should specify tags related to the question (i.e. your target platform, api method, issue keywords, etc.). Tags are intended to help community members answer and locate your queries, please be so kind to edit the question.

(28 Jan '14, 17:21) Alex Spotar Alex%20Spotar's gravatar image

If a user ignored the push notification or cleared it from the notification center, and opened the application directly by tapping the icon, then you will not have any mean to get that notification payload.

permanent link
answered 28 Jan '14, 17:12
Alex%20Spotar's gravatar image

Alex Spotar
3.6k6

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification. So the conclusion is the only way my program can get the content of the push message is when the user open the notification. No other way right?

Puah.

(28 Jan '14, 17:26) askeypuah askeypuah's gravatar image

Either when the app is launched from the notification, or when the push is received when the application is already running in the foreground/background.

I suggest looking into the following thread on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12116282/handling-push-notifications-when-app-is-not-running?rq=1 The author has pretty much the same question, and he gives quite a detailed explanation.

(28 Jan '14, 17:41) Alex Spotar Alex%20Spotar's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×1

question asked: 28 Jan '14, 16:19

question was seen: 1,022 times

last updated: 24 May, 11:52

Related questions