Hello everyone!

I want to display an image right below a notification, I thought this was possible in Android using "android _ banner" via the API or the control panel. I have been testing pushes for a while but I can't get it to work. I have been able to change the notification icon (android _ custom _ icon) but the "banner" is not displaying.

I read somewhere that the banner will only display if the application is in foreground or background, or something like that, maybe this is what I am not understanding correctly.

Could you guys help me understand how this works and what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks!

P.S: I am using Phonegap build and loading the icon and banner from an external url

asked 28 Sep '14, 11:32
danf's gravatar image

danf

Hello,

There are two ways to send a banner:

1) Control Panel

In the Control Panel you need to select the "Android settings tab". Enter the URL of the banner in the field "Banner", and then you can send a push.

2) API

There is section "android banner" in our "Method /createMessage" (https://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/pushwoosh-push-notification-remote-api/) for creating a push message through the API. You can enter the URL of the banner in this field.

Note that the functionality of sending banners only works on versions of Android 4.0 or above. And this feature is not supported by most Samsung models, since they use the TouchWiz technology, and it has some limitations.

Phonegap Build in a closed-source builder and there can be specific behaviour that we can't control even with our plugin.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Kind regards, Danil Sharabarov Pushwoosh Team

permanent link
answered 10 Oct '14, 10:57
Danil%20Sh's gravatar image

Danil Sh

Thank you very much for your response! You pointed out a lot of useful things I did not know about this feature and its limitations. I did had a hunch it was an issue related to Phonegap Build or the PGB PW plugin. I have postponed the development of what I was doing with this feature for the moment, but I think I have figured out a workaround (using custom data, silent notifications and other PGB plugins). I will update here if I can sort this out.

Thanks again and best regards!

permanent link
answered 11 Oct '14, 22:58
danf's gravatar image

danf

Hi, What would be the optimum size for banner image? I tried this feature with 1024x512 sizes and it didnt resize the image properly. Allowing for left and right sections being cropped.

Can anyone help with resolution of images which worked for them for banners on Android? Thanks, Sukal

permanent link
answered 24 Dec '14, 09:55
Sukal%20Mondal's gravatar image

Sukal Mondal

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×91
×16

question asked: 28 Sep '14, 11:32

question was seen: 1,969 times

last updated: 29 Dec '14, 10:59