I'm using phonegap 3.5. It all seems to works perfectly (i.e. pushNotification.setApplicationIconBadgeNumber works fine), but when i call pushNotification.registerDevice, no callbacks is fired (neither the fail one), so i can't receive the token and the subscribers counter remains 0.

Am i missing something?

Thank a lot for the help

asked 19 Nov '14, 12:13
dom1984's gravatar image

dom1984

edited 19 Nov '14, 14:59

For com.phonegap.plugins.PushPlugin go to the Pushwoosh Control Panel, then Application->Configure->Edit
You will see radiobuttons for iOS and Android platforms.
Select "Appresser" for Android. Then you should see push notification correctly on Android.

permanent link
answered 25 Nov '14, 11:23
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

Thanks a lot, it works now! Next step is to increment the small number on the app icon in android (like the badges in ios).

(25 Nov '14, 15:15) dom1984 dom1984's gravatar image

Do you use Phonegap Build? If so - please use Pushwoosh 3.4.1 version of the plugin!

permanent link
answered 24 Nov '14, 10:44
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

I use both Phonegap Build and that versione of the plugin. I could not figure out which was the problem so i give up with that plugin and switched to another solution. I installed PushPlugin (com.phonegap.plugins.PushPlugin, 2.4.0) instead of the PushNotification.js file and the PushWoosh remote API (https://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/pushwoosh-push-notification-remote-api/) and almost everything seems to work fine. I've successfully registered android and ios devices and the only problem is that android notifications does not arrive to device.

permanent link
answered 24 Nov '14, 15:24
dom1984's gravatar image

dom1984

OP are you finding that while the callback in NOT getting called, the device is actually registering with PushWoosh?

I too am not getting the registerDevice callback (success or failure), however, I can see via PushWoosh that the device IS registered. If I give a test push via PushWoosh, the device receives it and opens the associated app.

Is anyone else able to add to this?

Ta -Chris

permanent link
answered 25 Nov '14, 14:06
ct14's gravatar image

ct14

Hmmm, I removed the iOS platform and added it again and now I get a device token, well, what claims to be a device token.

Still having issues though!

permanent link
answered 25 Nov '14, 16:50
ct14's gravatar image

ct14

What kind of issues? You might want to check that your codesigning certs matches the push gateway. Developer cert - Sandbox gateway, AdHoc - Production gateway

(26 Nov '14, 04:45) shader shader's gravatar image

Hi Shader,

the certs etc are fine and push notifications work from pushwoosh.com, however, if the supplied device token does not work for me when I supply it with an API call.

(26 Nov '14, 10:06) ct14 ct14's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×165
×76
×49

question asked: 19 Nov '14, 12:13

question was seen: 2,018 times

last updated: 26 Nov '14, 10:06