We're using scheduleLocalNotification to show local notifications in my Unity app. It all works fine, apart from the title of the notification which defaults to the app name separated by underscores (my_app_name). It seems like the native android Pushwoosh sdk allows you to submit a title parameter but the unity version only supports a "userData" parameter.

Is there any way to set the title of local notifications in Unity?

Thanks! :)

asked 19 Nov '14, 16:52
ehudros's gravatar image

ehudros

Pushwoosh SDK takes the app name from the strings.xml file. What do you have set up there for app_name?

Ex:
<string name="app_name">Hello World with space</string>

And in AndroidManifest.xml for android:label
<activity android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|keyboard|screenSize|locale" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="HelloWorld" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar">

permanent link
answered 25 Nov '14, 09:51
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

I'm on Unity, so the strings.xml file is generated when building from Unity. I ended up changing the app name through Unity and it worked. However, it'd still be nice if I could provide an explicit title to the notification instead of it always using the app name.

(25 Nov '14, 10:04) ehudros ehudros's gravatar image

Great it worked! I'll put that on our feature list for upcoming version of the plugin!

(25 Nov '14, 11:10) shader shader's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×88
×18

question asked: 19 Nov '14, 16:52

question was seen: 1,508 times

last updated: 25 Nov '14, 11:10