My iOS Push Certificates were expiring so i created new ones and uploaded to PushWoosh.

Well, before uploading the new ones, i went to dev (sandbox) to test the new app version with PhoneGap Build and then updated the Production Certificates.

After uploading and sending a push i noticed my other devices aren't registering. I went from 500 to 17. What's going on?

asked 28 Nov '14, 20:38
olajideolaolorun's gravatar image

olajideolaol...

Did you send push to Sandbox certificates on a live app? You can use "test push" functionality or configure another app in Pushwoosh for such testing. But if you send push to production tokens on Sandbox certificates - Apple will return all tokens as invalid, therefore they would be removed from the system.

permanent link
answered 01 Dec '14, 06:54
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

I do not understand.

What i did:

1. Uploaded Development Certificates and switched to Sandbox Mode on PushWoosh
  2. Sent a couple of Test Push to see if it was working.
  3. After getting it to work, re-newed my production iOS Push Certificates since they were expiring.
  4. Uploaded the new certificates under Production in PushWoosh
  5. Sent a mass push for Thanksgiving and noticed only 17 devices in iOS when it was definitely more than that before.

Thanks.

(01 Dec '14, 06:59) olajideolaol... olajideolaolorun's gravatar image

Step 2 destroyed production tokens. As they were returned by Apple as Invalid (they were for Sandbox gateway). I would recommend to contact support team to recover lost tokens from backup.

(01 Dec '14, 07:28) shader shader's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×353
×165
×141
×91

question asked: 28 Nov '14, 20:38

question was seen: 2,316 times

last updated: 01 Dec '14, 07:28