Hi,

I'm using Cordova 3.3 for Android and iOS development.

I implement the notifications with SDK "phonegap-cordova-push-notifications" available on Github from Pushwoosh.

Everything works great well on both systems (Android and iOS) when the App is Foreground (open), they receive notifications without problems and the Event "push-notfication" it's fired.

The problem is when the App is background or closed, they receive notifications on Notification Center, but if you click on the Icon of the App the Event "push-notfication" it's never fired.

But if you click on the notification in Notification Center the Event "push-notfication" it's fired without problems.

I don't experience on push notifications, but maybe it's normal behavior :)

asked 12 Feb '14, 19:10
jwv's gravatar image

jwv

Hi,

Yes, actually, that is completely normal behaviour.

Please note that by default the push notification is shown to the user, so that they can decide, whether they want to open this message or not, and only after that, if he/she opens the push, the custom data will be delivered to the application. For instance, on iOS it is simply not possible to do otherwise.

Please do not hesitate to ask, if you have any further questions!

permanent link
answered 18 Feb '14, 08:25
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×447
×353
×190

question asked: 12 Feb '14, 19:10

question was seen: 6,364 times

last updated: 18 Feb '14, 08:25