Can I use the pw form to send test messages to tag values?

When I go to the filters tab and add a filter, it lets me pick my tag, but doesn't give me the option to enter a value?

Here is what I'm trying to test: 1) On device registered, I call setTags() as set a value for userId tag = 1. 2) Now, that the device is registers, I want to log into pw and use the web form to send only to userId=1. 3) then I want to send to userId=2, which doesn't exist, and I expect to NOT receive this message on the device that is set to userId = 1.

Appreciate some help. Thanks, Don

asked 14 Feb '14, 03:45
doubletake's gravatar image

doubletake

Hello Don,

Currently, in the Control Panel you can choose only existing Tag values. Please note that I have passed this use-case to our developers, and I hope it will be available with one of our major updates. Unfortunately, I cannot provide its ETA at the moment.

However, please note that you can easily do it via Remote API using our Advanced Targeting (http://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/advanced-tags-guide/). To put it roughly, you should just use the following condition in the createMessage request: A(xxxxx-xxxxx) \ T("userId", EQ, "1"). This way, the notification will be delivered to all of your subscribers, except for those who have "1" as "userId" Tag value.

permanent link
answered 18 Feb '14, 09:35
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

I did figure out that the Tag/Filter tab in the control panel does allow you to set a value for an Integer (range), but the String does not. I just changed my userId from String to Integer, so I can try to set a test notification to a specific user's device. So, far I'm unable to set tags to test this scenario. (see my other post on setTags not working.

Thanks, Don

permanent link
answered 18 Feb '14, 18:58
doubletake's gravatar image

doubletake

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×64
×2

question asked: 14 Feb '14, 03:45

question was seen: 2,438 times

last updated: 18 Feb '14, 18:58