Hey,

I have following this article to try and create a push notification for my web page. In my page i made all the changes as your tut explain, when i refreshed the page it's told me on console

Ready to get pushes. Push token is APA91bGSAOgfd9oM-Mb5PE9QpLqymikRpGx1YSvyCCl4Gb3sx-kJCG85yKkS9XtMeCt5TKAzr2enaCGdRNbv-PXxStIeMsMArGvN7UFGKjAlbwCSyfk0Uvy4Mq-vxhX7I4Z03r2ewTqfQsn_UIbP8sMDRuYQxnTvgO_T1WhtvRRuschjT_DPF5k

On your control panel i saw i then have 1 subscriber, Then i went to the control panel and tried to "send push" I filled dummy data there, and click the "whoosh" button, but i never received anything on the webpage.

Maybe i miss something? do i suppose to have a listener on the webpage that wait for the push events in order to do something with it ? My HTML has nothing except from including the JS and the Manifest and looks something like this

<html> <head> <script src="pushwoosh-chrome.js"></script> <link rel="manifest" href="manifest.json"> </head> <body> </body> </html>

asked 27 Apr '15, 09:54
maorb's gravatar image

maorb

Not sure what happened, but it's start working now. Maybe google app engine took time to update my settings ..

Thanks for your support .

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 15:37
maorb's gravatar image

maorb

Great news!

(27 Apr '15, 15:40) XXXX XXXX's gravatar image

I can see there is an "Unauthorized" error in your push history: alt text

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 11:21
XXXX's gravatar image

XXXX
2.2k6

edited 27 Apr '15, 13:10

Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

I saw that, but have no idea what i should do.

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 11:34
maorb's gravatar image

maorb

I really appriciate your help, If you can change in your host file and add those 2 lines 79.99.189.32 www.etbxml.com 79.99.189.32 etbxml.com Than go to https://www.etbxml.com/notification/test2.html

On the console it's telling me Ready to get pushes. Push token is APA91bEkT_2E8II25FVyQdBkazkABVqWCD9YwJKLpDr3EdTp6D0g7cGQH6S-dhBVfTNKhjfDPHjBs-hoffrqWxWh_eL37Op2Qf_Aab2k-7Vo8--M_k-HSCftlstm9afBKW_ltR1x1IyT8emIhxjtIqtt2y8sx13maNHxNcLYha-SsSZ7AuPiSrQ

But i dont get nothing.

(Sorry for the hassle with the host thing, i have access only to that server that have SSL). thanks again for your help.

(27 Apr '15, 14:10) maorb maorb's gravatar image

The last 2 messages i sent dont have an error , but still nothing happens on the webpage.

Should i have some kind of listener on the HTML page that looking for those events ?

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 11:49
maorb's gravatar image

maorb

The two last messages have not been sent. Also, you have no subscribers for this app. Can you send me a link to your web site, so that I could check you javascript and manifest? There might be a mistake in an application code or something like this.

Please make sure you do everything exactly as it is written here: https://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/chrome/chrome-web-push/

(27 Apr '15, 12:25) XXXX XXXX's gravatar image

BTW, how can i change the URL from the CP ?

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 15:37
maorb's gravatar image

maorb

You can setup URL from Additional data page on send push form alt text

permanent link
answered 27 Apr '15, 15:39
XXXX's gravatar image

XXXX
2.2k6

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×326
×14

question asked: 27 Apr '15, 09:54

question was seen: 1,357 times

last updated: 27 Apr '15, 15:40