Is there a tutorial for implimenting pushwoosh for android on intel xdk or can someone please share with me the steps necessary for it. I would really appreciate it

asked 05 May '15, 11:44
Evan%20Omondi's gravatar image

Evan Omondi

Here is a more detailed answer now that I had time to go back and see what I did. If you have questions let me know.

I just implemented this yesterday as well and it works fine. Here's what I did to make it easy.

1. Add the third party plug in in the projects tab. I used the registered cordova plug in to make it easy not the github plugin. Get the certificates (iOS) and credentials (Android) as outlined in the respective configuration guides. (iOS https://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/ios/ios-configuration-guide/ and Android https://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/android/android-gcm-api-configuration/
  2. Then follow the instructions for iOS and android phonegap / cordova implementation. I didn't use the instructions exactly, I basically downloaded the example files and created the same files in my project (index.js, PushwooshAndroid.js, PushwooshiOS.js)
  3. Change the app id's and other specific ids for your platform in the index.js file.
  4. In the index.html file I added these scripts. I put them in the body not the header.

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/PushwooshAndroid.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/PushwooshiOS.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/index.js"></script>

5. Then added this line to my init function under deviceready:

document.addEventListener("deviceready", initPushwoosh, true);

That's it. It worked. I do have problems with it initializing each time but other than that it works.

permanent link
answered 05 May '15, 19:43
jvercelletto's gravatar image

jvercelletto

I have tried the exact same thing but its still not working for some reason.

(06 May '15, 08:29) Evan Omondi Evan%20Omondi's gravatar image

I keep getting the error:

Uncaught module com.pushwoosh.plugins.pushwoosh.PushNotification not found

What might be the issue because I followed your method and all other methods with no luck

(06 May '15, 12:06) Evan Omondi Evan%20Omondi's gravatar image

Evan, please make sure you have correctly added Pushwoosh SDK to your project.

(07 May '15, 10:42) Benedict Benedict's gravatar image

it finally worked

(07 May '15, 15:37) Evan Omondi Evan%20Omondi's gravatar image

I have it working in XDK on iOS, but for some reason Rich Pages don't show up at all. Has anyone gotten that to work?

(26 May '15, 16:35) EgoAnt EgoAnt's gravatar image

If you follow the steps for the phonegap/cordova guide you should be fine. I just implemented it yesterday and it is working fine. I used the example files they have if you look at the guide you will see a download example button near the top. I just used those files, included the index.js file in my index.html, changed the app id and codes for google and it worked.

Remember you have to get the certificates as outlined for iOS and then for Android.

permanent link
answered 05 May '15, 14:42
jvercelletto's gravatar image

jvercelletto

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×326
×190
×165

question asked: 05 May '15, 11:44

question was seen: 2,704 times

last updated: 26 May '15, 16:35