Hi, I'm having problems sending a Boolean value for a tag. I'm using the Android native sample code here.

Here's the error (hwid and application ID have been taken out):

Request manager﹕ Pushwoosh Request: {"request":{"tags":{"News":true,"Sport":"Test1"},"hwid":"xxxxxxxxxx","v":"1.0","application":"xxxxxxxxx"}}
Request manager﹕ Pushwoosh Request To: http://cp.pushwoosh.com/json/1.3/setTags
Request manager﹕ Pushwoosh Result: {"status_code":210,"status_message":"Invalid value for tag \"News\"","response":null}
Request manager﹕ ERROR: {"response":null,"status_code":210,"status_message":"Invalid value for tag \"News\""}. Response = {"response":null,"status_code":210,"status_message":"Invalid value for tag \"News\""}
java.lang.Exception: {"response":null,"status_code":210,"status_message":"Invalid value for tag \"News\""}

Setting a String tag value works fine (e. g. just setting "Sport":"Test1"). Why doesn't the Boolean value work? I've set the "News" tag to Boolean in my dashboard.

asked 01 Jul '15, 22:18
Kabukky's gravatar image

Kabukky

edited 01 Jul '15, 22:19

Issue was fixed. Thans for reporting. Now you can send true/false/0/1 as value of boolean tag.

permanent link
answered 05 Jul '15, 17:39
XXXX's gravatar image

XXXX
2.2k6

Ok, I've found the answer in the android documentation for the sendTags method:

tags - tags to send. Value can be String or Integer only - if not Exception will be thrown

I guess I have to build my own POST request with JSON data then?

permanent link
answered 02 Jul '15, 08:48
Kabukky's gravatar image

Kabukky

edited 02 Jul '15, 08:48

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×64
×37
×37

question asked: 01 Jul '15, 22:18

question was seen: 1,638 times

last updated: 06 Jul '15, 12:46