Anyone facing similar issue. My push notification are working fine (I am able to see a surge in Google analytics when I send a push notification out). But the opened / android delivery stats in Pushwoosh are close to 0. Almost for all push notification.

Any suggested solution / approach to go about this.

Regards

asked 31 Jul '15, 10:38
divyenduz's gravatar image

divyenduz

I am in touch with the support. And the issue got resolved. I will document and post a answer here (for community use) once things are tested.

Thanks

permanent link
answered 12 Aug '15, 10:23

divyenduz

Glad to hear it, thanks for your reply!

(12 Aug '15, 10:30) Benedict Benedict's gravatar image

Hello! Were you able to test the solution suggested? Is the statistics being collected fine now?

(25 Aug '15, 08:15) Benedict Benedict's gravatar image

Yes, we just moved our code to production. Statistics looks to be working better. Will have a look for a while before documenting.

(25 Aug '15, 14:56) divyenduz divyenduz's gravatar image

@Benedict I have documented the scenario. Please have a look and let me know if I can make it better in any way.

(05 Sep '15, 10:51) divyenduz divyenduz's gravatar image

Hi! What is your app code? Have you tried contacting our support team regarding the issue?

permanent link
answered 12 Aug '15, 09:19
Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

We had some business case where we had to extend PushGCMIntentService and roll out our own version. If this is done, the pushStat API request is not sent and has to be manually sent as follows (it should be executed on opening the push notification):

String hash = b.getString("p");
PushStatRequest request = new PushStatRequest(hash);
RequestManager.sendRequest(MainApplication.getContext(), request);

Here, "b" is a bundle received when a push notification is received by device. This is a manual way of sending the pushStat request.

Also, the support guys recommended that using custom intent services will not be available with the upcoming updates of Pushwoosh SDK. Therefore, developers are recommenced to use the notification factory functionality with the following classes:

com.arellomobile.android.push.utils.notification.AbsNotificationFactory com.arellomobile.android.push.utils.notification.DefaultNotificationFactory

1) Inherit from the AbsNotificationFactory/DefaultNotificationFactory;

2) Redefine method onGenerateNotification and add there a customization code;

3) Call the PushManager.setNotificationFactory, passing your factory there.

Note that the factory should have a constructor without any arguments since when a push comes to a closed app a new instance of NotificationFactory is being created.

permanent link
This answer is marked "community wiki".
answered 05 Sep '15, 10:50

divyenduz

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×444
×18
×9
×6

question asked: 31 Jul '15, 10:38

question was seen: 1,100 times

last updated: 05 Sep '15, 10:51