I have been working with support on this problem and we are paying customers. They have been unable to help after months of emails back and forth. I can receive test pushes fine with an app that is sent to test device via Xcode. I upload my aps_development cert and Production .p12 to Pushwoosh and I receive the push. As soon as I switch to aps_production cert with same .p12 and distribute the app as distribution (not AdHoc, though I have even tried AdHoc) via Xcode archive to TestFlight, I don't receive a push. I can see that aps-environment production is in my iTunes distribution provisioning profile and I can also see it listed when I create the archive. Is there a problem with a test woosh involving apps distributed via TestFlight that have production certs?

asked 11 Aug '15, 18:21
SBCERA's gravatar image

SBCERA

As soon as I switch to aps_production cert with same .p12 and distribute the app as distribution

What do you mean — the same? Is it the same .p12 used with development certificate?

permanent link
answered 12 Aug '15, 09:02
Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

From the Pushwoosh guide: 4.1. Open up the Keychain Access Application and select the ‘Keys’ category.

Click on the private key associated with your iOS Push Certificate and click ‘Export Items’ in the menu (see Figure 14).

Please note this is not a private key for your iOS Development certificate.

You will be prompted to create a password, you will need to enter the same password on Pushwoosh configuration page.

This is the second file you need to upload to Pushwoosh. You also need to enter the same password you have used to create the Private Key (just few lines above).

For me there is no .p12 Development key for pushes in the "Keys" category. It is the Production .p12 which oddly only works using the development cert.

permanent link
answered 12 Aug '15, 16:33
SBCERA's gravatar image

SBCERA

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×190
×165
×7

question asked: 11 Aug '15, 18:21

question was seen: 770 times

last updated: 12 Aug '15, 16:33