I want to send localized messages to different device. According to the guide, I should input the language code in the content, such as {"en": "Engish Message", "fr":"French Message"}.

But now, I also want to send the messages in Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. According to WikiPedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes, there are only one Portuguese and one Chinese codes, that are pt and zh. How can I distinguish each language? What code should I input?

Thanks a lot.

asked 28 Feb '14, 08:34
Cross's gravatar image

Cross

You can see the full list of the subscribed languages in the stats for the Language tags in your account. Just click on the blue graph and select Table View to see the list.

Please note that not all devices might give away their Language properly, therefore to be on the safe side we advise you to add both "pt_br" and "pt" versions of the message.

permanent link
answered 04 Mar '14, 10:08
Alex%20Spotar's gravatar image

Alex Spotar
3.6k6

Thanks for your reply. We will use your solution for Brazilian Portuguese. But apart from that, we also need to support Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. But from the list, we can only see "zh" for Chinese. And it seems to be only simplified Chinese used in mainlaind China.

So we would like to know how to represent Traditional Chinese.

(04 Mar '14, 10:22) Cross Cross's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×8
×5
×3

question asked: 28 Feb '14, 08:34

question was seen: 1,104 times

last updated: 04 Mar '14, 10:22