How to implement pushwoos with Service in background in android platform (native) ?

asked 31 Aug '15, 14:28
Moustafa%20Mesbah's gravatar image

Moustafa Mesbah

What kind of service are you talking about?

permanent link
answered 01 Sep '15, 12:18
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

I asked about that feature before but didn't get any luck to make it right. It would be great if somone from pushwoosh answer the question and let us know whether these feature is already implemented or not..

Problem We don't receive notifications once the app is not running (closed) .. not just hide out. The main reason is that the current service the pushwoosh is running on is closed once the application is closed.

But how about what'sapp, Facebook and email notifications are received all the time? Because their services are run and background so even when the app is closed, it's still running in background so that notifications can receive even if you close the app.

How do we enable that feature on pushwoosh? I don't know. Please some engineer from Pushwoosh explain about this and let us know whether it has plan to add that or not.

permanent link
answered 19 May '16, 04:08
thetnswe's gravatar image

thetnswe

Pushwoosh have updated their PhoneGap plugin earlier this year so the process continues to run in the background. It also survives a reboot without the user having to open the app, thus allowing users to continue to receive PNs.

I suggest you try it out and make sure you're using the latest SDKs/plugins.

permanent link
answered 19 May '16, 20:17
Gary_oo's gravatar image

Gary_oo

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×326
×33

question asked: 31 Aug '15, 14:28

question was seen: 860 times

last updated: 19 May '16, 20:17