I've come across a fairly bad bug...and I can reproduce it both with my app and the sample app provided.

If you add the GCM packages for location/maps, Xamarin auto-updates the DLL to the latest support library v4. If you run it, the subscriber count is incremented, but as soon as you send a message, the device is removed, and the device CANNOT be readded for about 10 minutes. It says registration was OK, but the subscriber is not added.

I'm having a very difficult time tracking this down. The first time I opened the sample zip file, the notification worked. Now it doesn't. Even if I let it sit, so the subscriber is added, the notifications fail.

Redownloading and unzipping the archive has no effect. There is something on the API side that blocks subscriptions for about 10 minutes after this bug happens.

Update...even with the sample app, once this bug happens, the app is unrecoverable. The notifications will always fail, even with the sample app.

Any ideas?

asked 27 Oct '15, 01:36
mitchellwilliams's gravatar image

mitchellwill...

edited 27 Oct '15, 01:44

Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×33
×24
×12

question asked: 27 Oct '15, 01:36

question was seen: 2,398 times

last updated: 27 Oct '15, 01:44