Hi. I'm able to get the device token for my iPad when running in development mode in xCode. I can register the device in Pushwoosh and send a test push. The problem comes when I try to test for my production application. I'm using TestFlight and I'm installing the production instance of the App on my device. I want to know how to find my device token when running in production mode. Any ideas? I want to send a test push but don't want to send to my entire community of users. Is it possible that the device token is the same as the development instance? I tried that and received an "invalid token" error message on the push. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

asked 08 Dec '15, 17:37
cooms13's gravatar image

cooms13

Hi! You cannot use the development token for production purposes and vice versa. Please follow this instruction in order to retrieve the push token from your production build.

permanent link
answered 08 Dec '15, 17:47
Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

edited 08 Dec '15, 17:51

Thank you so much. Sorry I overlooked that instructional page. That was very helpful. It worked and I was able to send a test push for my production build.

permanent link
answered 08 Dec '15, 18:31
cooms13's gravatar image

cooms13

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you've got that working.

permanent link
answered 08 Dec '15, 19:16
Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×353
×49
×38
×7

question asked: 08 Dec '15, 17:37

question was seen: 2,271 times

last updated: 08 Dec '15, 19:16