Hi,

I am using Phone Gap Build with Pushwoosh plugin: <plugin name="com.pushwoosh.plugins.pushwoosh" spec="3.4.2" source="pgb"/>

The messages are being sent correctly, and "actions" are working, but when I launch the my app I am getting this "Alert" dialogue and do not know how to correct the situation.

Anyone have a solution to this issue.

Here is the full alert (it appears on launch of the app only):

"Alert Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.arellomobile.android.push.PushManager.registerForPushNotifications()' on a null object reference"

Thoughts anyone?

• Mark
asked 16 Jan '16, 21:28
verdensllc's gravatar image

verdensllc

Hello,

Actually, "com.pushwoosh.plugins.pushwoosh" is a really old version of the plugin which is not supported anymore. Could you please let us know whether the issue can be reproduced with our “pushwoosh-pgb-plugin”?

Please note that we have moved to npm, so to add the plugin you should use the following line:

<gap:plugin name="pushwoosh-pgb-plugin" source=**“npm”**/>

Please refer to our PhoneGap build guide for the most complete information regarding a plugin integration. PhoneGap Guide.

permanent link
answered 18 Jan '16, 14:20
Nikolai's gravatar image

Nikolai

edited 19 Jan '16, 19:09

Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

The code you mentioned must be placed in *.js file, but we can't tell you which one, because it's your project.
We suggest you looking at our Sample for the reference, it should help you understand our PhoneGap Build guide better.

permanent link
answered 19 Jan '16, 08:05
Nikolai's gravatar image

Nikolai

Also, I guess for Step 4 and Step 5, could you explain where that code goes also.

Then, I should be ready to test again.

permanent link
answered 18 Jan '16, 18:59

verdensllc

I really need help implementing Pushwoosh with PhoneGap Build. I am not using Cordova or PhoneGap.

I need additional help with the documentation referenced above.

What should I do?

permanent link
answered 18 Jan '16, 21:02

verdensllc

I have reviewed the PhoneGap Guide.

I what file do I place this code?:

bindEvents: function() { document.addEventListener('deviceready', this.onDeviceReady, false); }, // deviceready Event Handler // // The scope of 'this' is the event. In order to call the 'receivedEvent' function, we must explicitly call 'app.receivedEvent(...);' onDeviceReady: function() { app.receivedEvent('deviceready'); initPushwoosh(); },

permanent link
answered 18 Jan '16, 18:53

verdensllc

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×91
×15

question asked: 16 Jan '16, 21:28

question was seen: 1,490 times

last updated: 19 Jan '16, 19:11