Help adding categories in IOS app so users can choose specific notification channels from within the app. I know this is confusing so bear with me. I incorporated pushwoosh into my xcode project and can receive notifications now. Here is my next step I need help with. In my app I need to add a page where users can choose to receive notifications from channel 1, channel 2, or channel 3. Notification channel 1, channel 2, or channel 3 has to be tied to category 1, 2, or 3 in Pushwoosh respectively. The way my app works now all notifications are received no matter which category is chosen when I send a notification through.

asked 09 Mar '16, 17:14
timbojill's gravatar image

timbojill

Hi!

Actually, we have "Tags" feature that allows you to segment your audience. Please, follow the link to the Segmentation guide to read more about it:

http://docs.pushwoosh.com/docs/segmentation-tags-and-filters

More explicitly, List tag will help you to achieve the goal you've mentioned:

List — the same as String type, but each user may have multiple values set simultaneously (music preferences, news categories, cuisine preferences).

permanent link
answered 10 Mar '16, 10:39
Nikolai's gravatar image

Nikolai

I followed the link and read the entire document. I only have one app I am using with Pushwoosh. All I need to do is allow the user to user three different types of notifications. Lets call them A, B, and C. I don't care how they are trigger. Wether a button/toggle or asking the user which ones they want to recieve. As stated earlier The only code in the entire document is for PhoneGap / Cordova SDKJavascript as follows: ` This example involves setTags function used in PhoneGap / Cordova SDK

Implement Pushwoosh SDK into your project as per our guides; Add the /setTags function: JavaScript //sets a string tag “username” with value “john” and integer tag “deviceId” with value 10 pushNotification.setTags({username:"john", deviceId:10}, function(status) { console.warn('setTags success'); }, function(status) { console.warn('setTags failed'); } );

//sets a list tag "MyTag" with values "hello", "world" pushNotification.setTags({"MyTag":["hello", "world"]});`

permanent link
answered 10 Mar '16, 15:46
timbojill's gravatar image

timbojill

Please aslo note that this functionality is available to the Premium level accounts or higher.

Also, could you please describe the issue you've encountered? Your previous response was kind of unclear.

permanent link
answered 11 Mar '16, 08:21
Nikolai's gravatar image

Nikolai

edited 11 Mar '16, 09:38

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×326
×47
×17

question asked: 09 Mar '16, 17:14

question was seen: 1,029 times

last updated: 11 Mar '16, 09:38