We are trying to send silent push notification with empty content which contains latest locations, ie. lat/lon... of the drivers to the android customer app. However, the push notification keeps appearing on the device's system notification centre with empty content/message.

We are using the latest version of the Android SDK, ie. 3.5.1 and this is done in native development. can someone please help us in solving this issue as we are not able to find any help or guide in the Android SDK documentation.

asked 24 Mar '16, 11:10
asyadiqin's gravatar image

asyadiqin

Hello Allie,

As far as I know, you are having the conversation with my colleague in a support ticket regarding this question. May I ask you whether you require any assistance here?

permanent link
answered 25 Mar '16, 07:18
Max%20Kuzakov's gravatar image

Max Kuzakov

Hi Max. Seems we were using an outdated library that was not using the android_root_param to set the silent push. Thanks to Pavel, that is now resolved. We do still have 2 related issues that we hope someone can assist us.

Our app usually are set in the background by most users. So now we have 2 separate things to solve which I hope the experienced android developers here can help us with.

1) How to wake and launch the app to the foreground when receiving a silent push? 2) How to process the data from a silent push without waking or launching the app to the foreground?

Thanks and hope someone can assist me in these 2 separate issues.

Regards, Allie Syadiqin

permanent link
answered 31 Mar '16, 14:41
asyadiqin's gravatar image

asyadiqin

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×446
×141
×37
×23

question asked: 24 Mar '16, 11:10

question was seen: 1,317 times

last updated: 31 Mar '16, 14:41