Hi!

I am using pushwoosh for my app that is on appstore right now. I am building some new functionality's and i what i am wondering is if i switch the mode to development and then after i am done back to production mode again. Will it affect the users that had installed the application earlier? Will they still be able to get push updates even if i do this switch or do they have to reinstall the application?

Cause i remember when trying ad hoc i switched from developer and production mode. And i saw that the number of subscribers went to 0 when switching.

Or does it not matter because the users are getting checked/registered for the push services every time the application is opened?

Thank you!

asked 24 Jun '16, 14:25
timocin's gravatar image

timocin

Hello,

"Cause i remember when trying ad hoc i switched from developer and production mode. And i saw that the number of subscribers went to 0 when switching."

As per our iOS Configuration Guide, for testing purposes we strongly recommend creating two versions of the app in Pushwoosh — one for production, and the other one for development environment with corresponding private keys. Otherwise, there’s a big chance to lose live subscribers by accidentally invalidating device tokens because of sending a push to the wrong gateway.

In such cases, all notifications that are being sent have the "Invalid Token" error message in their delivery reports (this information is available in the Push History section of your Control Panel). It is a response we receive from APNs directly, and it usually means that your notification was sent to Production gateways with Development token or vice versa.

permanent link
answered 07 Jul '16, 07:51
Max%20Kuzakov's gravatar image

Max Kuzakov

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×444
×326
×33
×7

question asked: 24 Jun '16, 14:25

question was seen: 828 times

last updated: 07 Jul '16, 07:51