Hey guys, we've recently started to get a lot of DeadObjectExceptions for 9300 and 9305 Samsung S3 on Android 4.3. The stack looks like that basically and I cannot reproduce it with an emulator

Config.java com.pushwoosh.internal.utils.Config <init> 28 Config.java com.pushwoosh.internal.utils.Config getInstance 59 PushEventsTransmitter.java com.pushwoosh.internal.PushEventsTransmitter getUseBroadcast 29 PushEventsTransmitter.java com.pushwoosh.internal.PushEventsTransmitter onRegisterError 83 DeviceRegistrar.java com.pushwoosh.internal.registrar.DeviceRegistrar$1InnerRegistrationListener onError 52 PushRequest.java com.pushwoosh.internal.request.PushRequest setProcessed 73 RequestManager.java com.pushwoosh.internal.request.RequestManager$1$1 run 167

or

Config.java com.pushwoosh.internal.utils.Config <init> 28 Config.java com.pushwoosh.internal.utils.Config getInstance 59 PushEventsTransmitter.java com.pushwoosh.internal.PushEventsTransmitter getUseBroadcast 29 PushEventsTransmitter.java com.pushwoosh.internal.PushEventsTransmitter onRegisterError 83 GCMRegistrationService.java com.pushwoosh.GCMRegistrationService register 63 GCMRegistrationService.java com.pushwoosh.GCMRegistrationService onHandleIntent 106

Do you have any idea on what's happening? We are using PushWoosh 3.5.3, here's my init code - it's in a singleton.

try {
        this.context = context;
        PushManager.initializePushManager(context, gygConfig.getPushWooshKey(), gygConfig.getGCMNumber());
        pushManager = PushManager.getInstance(context);
        pushManager.onStartup(context);
        pushManager.registerForPushNotifications();
        pushManager.setNotificationFactory(new PushFactory());
    } catch (Exception e) {
        Log.e(TAG, "Failed to track to PushWoosh", e);
    }
asked 30 Jun '16, 09:27
nbelokopytov's gravatar image

nbelokopytov

I too am having a similar issues with galaxy s7.. seemed to be working fine the other day and now it crashed, the logs seem to point to

1409 3254 W ActivityManager: Scheduling restart of crashed service /com.pushwoosh.GCMRegistrationService in 1000ms

My entire app crashes because of this.. not sure whats going on.

permanent link
answered 01 Jul '16, 17:57
Michael%20K's gravatar image

Michael K

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×326
×30

question asked: 30 Jun '16, 09:27

question was seen: 476 times

last updated: 01 Jul '16, 17:57