Hi,

I am seeing an issue on a Nexus 5X using Android 6.0.1 where if I go to settings and enable the option ""restore backed up settings and data on re-installation of the app", I no longer receive push notifications after a reinstallation of an app. This settings puts the app back in the same state after reinstallation as it was on the last backup.

Using the remote api, /createmessage, after installation I was receiving a response of API request success: {"Messages":["CODE_NOT_AVAILABLE"],"UnknownDevices":{"":["d1ade7e7d96fd9ca"]}} I checked the logs and the app was successfully registering with Pushwoosh on launch. I took the push token received on the onRegistered callback and added it as a test device on the Pushwoosh dashboard and this also failed. Push notifications did not start working again until I went to the apps section in the Settings app and removed all data related to the app. On restart of the app, a new push token was generated in the onRegistered callback and I could receive push messages again.

Anyone else seeing this issue or know of a fix/workaround?

asked 28 Jul '16, 10:26
jpcostello's gravatar image

jpcostello

Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×446
×83
×12

question asked: 28 Jul '16, 10:26

question was seen: 506 times

last updated: 28 Jul '16, 10:26