I know that the number of notifications that can be sent to a single user is unlimited. however the number of simultaneous notifications is very important in scheduling notifications to a large number of users. Is there a limitation on the simultaneous number of notifications that can be sent for an application? (ie per second or per hour?)

asked 26 Aug '16, 10:22
Siamak%20Nezhadi's gravatar image

Siamak Nezhadi

Hello Siamak!

Could you please clarify about what kind of simultaneous notifications you are talking about?

As far as I understood, you are want to know how much separate /createMessage requests you would be able to send?

Or you want to know how much push notifications you are be able to send using Pushwoosh service in one second/minute/hour?

I ask you to elaborate on this matter.

Regards, Nikita

permanent link
answered 29 Aug '16, 09:15
novchinnikov's gravatar image

novchinnikov

edited 29 Aug '16, 09:19

Hello Nikita I have implemented the pushwoosh service in my app already and there is a limitation of 1000 notifications per minute present. Since my app has more than 300,000 users already, it takes a lot of time to complete the queue. Is there any way that we can increase this number to say 10,000 per minute? Regards Siamak

permanent link
answered 16 Sep '16, 16:04
Siamak%20Nezhadi's gravatar image

Siamak Nezhadi

Siamak, please note that there is no such limitations on the number of notifications sent in Pushwoosh.

As far as I understood, you are referring to the maximum of number of separate /createMessage requests per minute, and it indeed could be limited to 1000.

However, I want to draw your attention to the fact that you could send millions of notifications with single broadcast /createMessage request.

Also, there is special "send_rate" parameter that may limit numbers of sended pushes per second in range from 100 to 1000 per second. Please note that this parameter is optional.

(17 Sep '16, 03:16) novchinnikov novchinnikov's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×444
×9
×2

question asked: 26 Aug '16, 10:22

question was seen: 509 times

last updated: 17 Sep '16, 03:16