The push notifications are not coming through to any of the android test devices. It gives the API key invalid error in reports, and says to change browser/server key. I have looked a lot in docs and forums, but I could not find the option in google developer console to change/generate 'SERVER' or 'BROWSER' key. Could you please point me in the right direction? This is an app created with ionic framework/cordova.

I'm wondering if this is an issue due to google migrating from GCM to FCM(Firebase).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

asked 13 Sep '16, 21:10
aarnold's gravatar image

aarnold

Hello,

Apparently Google once again changed something. We are working on the process of updating our documentation at the moment, It will soon be available on our website.

Regards, Nikita

permanent link
answered 14 Sep '16, 09:25
novchinnikov's gravatar image

novchinnikov

Hello,

Thank you Nikita ! I searched why this doesn't work since some hours ! Apparently the old keys with "Server" name still working, but not those with new "API" name.

Hope it helps and we will fix it quickly !

Best regards, Alfred

permanent link
answered 14 Sep '16, 15:34
alfredtest6's gravatar image

alfredtest6

Hi

Thank you for the response. I have followed the steps Nikita sent me, now it is giving me a mismatch sender id error. I have a question,

As per this, https://developers.google.com/cloud-messaging/android/android-migrate-fcm

I see in the pushwoosh-cordova-plugin, the plugin.xml is still connecting to gcm . Is this creating a problem, or is this unrelated?

(https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin/blob/master/plugin.xml)

Are you guys still fixing this and/or is there a new pushwoosh-cordova-plugin available?

Please let me know as soon as you can. I appreciate your help. Thank you so much, Anurag

permanent link
answered 14 Sep '16, 17:07
aarnold's gravatar image

aarnold

MismatchSenderId report is a response that received from GCM\FCM directly, and there are only three scenarios it might occur:

1) The Google Project number in your application isn't the one in Google Console; 2) The API key in your Control Panel isn't the same that you got in Google Console; 3) The API key, for some reason, doesn't work properly and may become invalidated.

If you have doublechecked all the scenarios mentioned above, you could try to make new API-key.

Talking about plugin.xml, as far as i understood it should not make any impact on the situation and is not related.

(15 Sep '16, 10:49) novchinnikov novchinnikov's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×39
×21

question asked: 13 Sep '16, 21:10

question was seen: 1,678 times

last updated: 15 Sep '16, 10:49