If got a pretty annoying issue with the cordova plugin on iOS. The device is registering correctly and when the app is in the background it will alert correctly. But, if the app is in focus the 'push-notification' event it not firing.

I've tested against an android build which works as expected and ensured that the event is being set before device registration but still nothing UNLESS I set the pushwoosh server to debug, in which case it works are expected on both platforms. Any ideas as to what it causing this?!

asked 15 Sep '16, 13:52
adamaloney's gravatar image

adamaloney

I'm having the same issue using iOS 7. No alert being received. In the PW History, it says 'token invalid'. How can it be invalid if it is the token I just received seconds earlier from the server? When I use iOS8, I don't even get the token from the PW server (same code, same provisioning profiles)

(22 Sep '16, 02:22) bhwatts bhwatts's gravatar image

Hello,

I highly recommend you to contact Pushwoosh support team regarding your 'invalid token' issue.

You could do it by following the link provided below: https://www.pushwoosh.com/contact-us/

(22 Sep '16, 08:06) novchinnikov novchinnikov's gravatar image

I started having the same issue about a week ago, the issue seems to be coming from the 6.2.1 release. For me removing the plugin with cordova/ionic plugin remove pushwoosh-cordova-plugin and reinstalling version 6.2.0 of the plugin with cordova/ionic plugin add pushwoosh-cordova-plugin@6.2.0 fixed the issue.

permanent link
answered 20 Sep '16, 13:32
dabo's gravatar image

dabo

Cheers. I'm now using 6.2.0, and the event is firing again.

(29 Sep '16, 15:51) adamaloney adamaloney's gravatar image

Hello,

As it mentioned in our Cordova Customization Plugin, by default Pushwoosh plugin does not display notifications in the foreground and automatically triggers push-notification event. This can be controlled by using IOS_FOREGROUND_ALERT_TYPE and ANDROID_FOREGROUND_PUSH preferences. Please refer to this Guide for the details.

permanent link
answered 16 Sep '16, 05:49
Max%20Kuzakov's gravatar image

Max Kuzakov

That's my issue, I'm not getting the 'push-notification' event fired in iOS - only if debug is set on the pushwoosh server.

Could it be a certificate issue? Does debug mode in PW use a different certificate? It set as a production one.

permanent link
answered 19 Sep '16, 08:31

adamaloney

edited 19 Sep '16, 08:42

I've even tried using the 'push-recieve' event, messages still only come through if the app is in the background or if the push history in PW is set to debug?!!

permanent link
answered 19 Sep '16, 13:07

adamaloney

Hello,

Please contact our support team with the entire console log from your iOS device showing the application launch. In addition, please provide your Pushwoosh username, so we could assist you.

To retrieve the console log from the iOS device, you should connect the device to your computer, launch Xcode, and open the "Devices" section. Then, select your connected device and click the up-triangle at the bottom left to see the device console. At this point you need to launch your application on the iOS device and let it run for a minute.

permanent link
answered 19 Sep '16, 14:06
Max%20Kuzakov's gravatar image

Max Kuzakov

I tried the rollback to PW 6.2.0 and still have the problem

Update: I rolled back the PW plugin to 4.2.2 which is my latest known good version and it works.

In my testing, I have found that using PW plugin 6.2.0 or 6.2.1 (today's suggestion), neither iOS 9 or iOS 10 respond to alerts.

permanent link
answered 23 Sep '16, 19:02
bhwatts's gravatar image

bhwatts

edited 23 Sep '16, 20:17

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×352
×190
×14

question asked: 15 Sep '16, 13:52

question was seen: 1,269 times

last updated: 29 Sep '16, 15:52