Hi,

I'm using AppGyver (appgyver.com) which is based on Cordova as my development environment. I have successfully implemented/compiled & released the latest iOS SD, but since their underlying Cordova version is still suck on 3.5 I can't compile the Pushwoosh SDK without modification - specifically <framework> tag + gradle are not yet supported.

I forked the phonegap integration, changed the plugin.xml file & referenced a google-play-services.jar file & added the Pushwoosh 4.6.3 jar (which is referenced in the original plugin.xml)... which enables me to successfully build the app... set badgenotification etc. is working correctly but when I try to register a device (registerDevice()) the callback is not called and I can see some errors in the Android ADB error log that point me to that the google-play-services.jar that I referenced is outdated for the 4.6.3 Pushwoosh SDK.

Questions:

1. What google-play-services Version is the minimum supported version that I have to include/compile
  2. List item
  3. Are there any other known issues with registerDevice firing - no exception being logged, but no callback is received every time I try to fire (I checked Settings and push not. are enabled)
  4. Anybody had success with Appgyver Android & the latest Pushwoosh SDK?

Any help is much appreciated.. trying to debug this for some time now!

asked 06 Oct '16, 06:33
willex's gravatar image

willex

Hi,

Regarding your questions:

1. You can use any version starting with 8.1.0, however 9.1+ is highly recommended (to work with the latest android-support-v4 lib)
  2. Firstly you need to properly add google-play-services and Pushwoosh plugin to your project, unless then there will be no callbacks on registration fired. Also you should unzip Pushwoosh.aar and manually merge AndroidManifest.xml
permanent link
answered 18 Oct '16, 10:51
Vitaly%20Romanychev's gravatar image

Vitaly Roman...

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×434
×165
×28

question asked: 06 Oct '16, 06:33

question was seen: 359 times

last updated: 18 Oct '16, 10:51