I've implemented push notification in my android app but the notifications only come through when the app is running (foreground or background). If the app is closed, the notification does not come through to the message center in android as you would expect. I followed the instructions for implementing PushWoosh and everything works fine but this. I'm not seeing any errors in the pushwoosh console history report, and no errors in the app either. Unless this is the way it's supposed to work?

asked 14 Oct '16, 18:39
bjulien's gravatar image

bjulien

When I tried this again when I got home, it worked. Go figure.

permanent link
answered 15 Oct '16, 13:52
bjulien's gravatar image

bjulien

Hello!

May I ask you whether it's working correctly now?

permanent link
answered 20 Oct '16, 06:57
Nikolai's gravatar image

Nikolai

Yes, works fine now.

(20 Oct '16, 14:39) bjulien bjulien's gravatar image

I try to add the pushwoosh in adt. I getting the message that i register but when i send the notification then no message received. Help me resolved the problem

permanent link
answered 21 Oct '16, 19:37
sharmasumit744's gravatar image

sharmasumit744

There is a feature in pushwhoosh management console to upload and test your manifest xml file. Do that and see what it finds. I did that and it found some errors and warnings which once I fixed them everything worked fine. Also check the results in push history in the pushwhoosh mgmt console. That may also show you what can be wrong.

permanent link
answered 22 Oct '16, 12:53
bjulien's gravatar image

bjulien

edited 22 Oct '16, 12:56

Hi I upload the manifest.file and i attach the screenshot of manifest validation.I did not find anything related to manifest. But problem is that i did not receive the notification.Please help me to resolve this issue.alt text

permanent link
answered 23 Oct '16, 04:59
sharmasumit744's gravatar image

sharmasumit744

Hello!

Could you please contact us at help@pushwoosh.com for more timely responses? Please also include your Pushwoosh username and attach your AndroidManifest.xml for more detailed analysis!

Thank you!

(23 Oct '16, 12:00) novchinnikov novchinnikov's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×446
×326

question asked: 14 Oct '16, 18:39

question was seen: 1,318 times

last updated: 23 Oct '16, 12:00