Hello,

I have a question about sending push notifications to specific devices. So far, broadcasting messages works like a charm. However, when I try to send a notificiation to a specific device using the Remote API and a pushToken it is received by all devices that are registered.

The message is being sent using a node js client and the Remote API, using the createMessage function:

client.sendMessage('Test push', [recipient], function(error, response) {
         if (error) {
            console.log('Some error occurs: ', error);
         }

console.log('Pushwoosh API response is', response);
    });

So, in short, I don't know why all devices are receiving the push notification sent by the function above.

The account that I'm using is still a Trial account, but I assume the it should be possible to send push notifications to specific devices using the Remote API.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Maarten

EDIT:

I've done some more testing and found out that setting the device(s) in an options object works. So this seems to be an issue of the NodeJS Pushwoosh Client instead of the Pushwoosh Remote API.

asked 08 Nov '16, 11:20
WeberInteractive's gravatar image

WeberInterac...

edited 09 Nov '16, 11:16

Hi! Have you tried to send a push notification to one device or several of them? Could you please check if the syntax is correct? It would appear that you put device token in an array.

permanent link
answered 10 Nov '16, 10:27
idedov's gravatar image

idedov

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×444
×352
×190

question asked: 08 Nov '16, 11:20

question was seen: 669 times

last updated: 10 Nov '16, 10:27