The push works well when the App is not running, push notification can show in status bar. but when the App is running in foreground, I can see push message shows in status bar and disappears immediately when push arrives. In the end there is no push notification in status bar. From the log I can see the app gets the push.

Question: why the push notification doesn't show in status bar?

we are using pushwoosh:4.8.4. test device: Sony X compact, Android 6.0

asked 22 Dec '16, 15:35
craft's gravatar image

craft

edited 22 Dec '16, 15:36

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I added <meta-data android:name="PW_NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="true"/> and it still doesn't work. I changed to <meta-data android:name="PW_NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="false"/> also does't work. Any luck?

Thanks.

permanent link
answered 05 Jan, 02:15
hamy's gravatar image

hamy

Hi Hamy, we had discussions with Pushwoosh team over Skype. here is their suggestion:

Thank you for the information provided. In this case it is necessary to create your own receiver for push notifications received in foreground as per instructions below: http://docs.pushwoosh.com/docs/androidmanifestxml-modifications#using-custom-push-broadcast-receiver-in-android

(05 Jan, 10:05) craft craft's gravatar image

Android OS is a Linux-based platform for mobile phones. Android was released under the Apache v2 open source license.Android was developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), a coalition of hardware, software and telecommunications companies. If you need further information in this field take the help of online resources .Some online writing resources like custom essay writing service, freelance websites are giving improvement tips for writing and other valuable ideas for the reads and also to gather information.

permanent link
answered 23 Dec '16, 09:33
patricecooper's gravatar image

patricecooper

Hello !

Actually the Pushwoosh SDK automatically handles notifications received in foreground. This is equivalent to a click on a notification. Therefore notifications are not saved in the Notification Center(status bar). To prevent SDK from handling all notifications received in foreground just add the following string to your AndroidManifest.xml :

<meta-data android:name="PW__NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="“false”">

Regards, Alex.

permanent link
answered 23 Dec '16, 09:34
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

Thank you Alex.

I tried both <meta-data android:name="PW_NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="“false”"/> and <meta-data android:name="PW__NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="“false”"/>

neither of them works. The push still doesn't show when the App is running in foreground.

permanent link
answered 23 Dec '16, 13:27
craft's gravatar image

craft

Hi !

I'm sorry that I gave you incorrect information. Please add the following string to your AndroidManifest.xml :

meta-data android:name="PW_NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value=“true”

My apologies once again. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards and Happy Holidays ! Alex.

permanent link
answered 26 Dec '16, 12:18
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

Hi Alex,

I am sorry it still doesn't work with <meta-data android:name="PW_NO_BROADCAST_PUSH" android:value="true"/> , the push shows and disappears immediately. By the way, we are using native app, not PhoneGap or other hybrid app. Thank you very much and Have a nice holiday.

Best Regards, Tang

permanent link
answered 27 Dec '16, 09:56
craft's gravatar image

craft

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×427
×417
×310
×136

question asked: 22 Dec '16, 15:35

question was seen: 1,044 times

last updated: 11 Sep, 19:59