Hi,

i managed to integrate pushwoosh to my app successfully. i have a small problem when i am sending a push notification the user gets it directly to the notification bar window, small icon appears in the top bar but there is no pop up when receives the notification. what do i need to do in order that the user will get the notification with pop up? thanks in advance.

asked 22 Jun, 08:07
idandbs's gravatar image

idandbs

Ok.

In this case, you should use Android Priority slider in your Control Panel in order to set the push priority in the Android push drawer. Just set the value to 1 or 2 and your push notification will be received as pop up.

Take a look at the screenshot: 1

If you want to make it via API, you should specify "android_priority" parameter in your /createMessage API request.

"android_priority":2, // priority of the push in the Android push drawer, valid values are -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2

You can find more detailed information about /createMessage parameters by following the link below:

http://docs.pushwoosh.com/docs/createmessage#section-createmessage

Regards, Alex

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 11:23
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

edited 23 Jun, 11:24

Hi,

Am I correct that you have in mind Android platform? Could you please specify the framework you are using for developing your application? Also, it would be great if you could specify the version of Android affected by such behaviour.

Regards, Alex

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 10:44
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

Hi, Yes, I am using android platform. Developing in Android Studio. I am using last version of Android Studio and all his plugins are up to date. On my phone (oneplus 3) the android version is Marshmallow but also tested on Nougat and same is happening. Everything is working, I am just not getting the push as a pop up but only to the notification center.

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 10:49
idandbs's gravatar image

idandbs

Hi,

First, that you for your answers and guidance. Will try the priority bar in the control panel and will let you know.

By the way, I am a new developer so don't really know what make it via API means and how to do it but I will read about this one too...;)

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 11:35
idandbs's gravatar image

idandbs

You are most welcome!

Actually, most of the information you can find in the documents.

http://docs.pushwoosh.com

If you face any difficulties or you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact Pushwoosh support team!

Good luck with your project!

Regards, Alex

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 11:45
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

Hi,

works like a charm!

thank you Alex...:)

permanent link
answered 23 Jun, 12:14
idandbs's gravatar image

idandbs

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×434
×428
×319

question asked: 22 Jun, 08:07

question was seen: 918 times

last updated: 23 Jun, 12:14