I know Pushwoosh Xamarin Android/iOS SDK automatically pick the language of device and register it, but i want to forcefully change the language of Pushwoosh. For example, my device is in English Language but i want to receive Push Notifications in Spanish.

asked 27 Sep, 18:34
yasiralijaved's gravatar image

yasiralijaved

Hello,

Actually, I think that you may use Tags and Segmentation in order to specify appropriate part of your audience that will be received push notifications in Spanish. Please note that it is impossible to change Default Tags such as Language which based on the device settings.

http://docs.pushwoosh.com/docs/segmentation-tags-and-filters

Regards, Alex

permanent link
answered 28 Sep, 06:18
Alex's gravatar image

Alex

Our client has very strict requirement to change the language of Push Notification forcefully. As we are using paid license of Pushwoosh, can we have this feature soon?

permanent link
answered 28 Sep, 09:33

yasiralijaved

Hello,

Please note that our Default Tags are associated with device settings, so, you cannot set another value for it.

Could you please let us know how exactly you are going to know which push language user prefers and share us the use case?

If you will have the corresponding menu in your application, where the user can change the push notification language, you could use /setTags method in order to assign a certain value of your own Custom Tag to the user.

Then, you will be able to segment your audience according to this Custom Tag.

Regards, Ivan

permanent link
answered 28 Sep, 11:34
iskoritzky's gravatar image

iskoritzky

Hello, There is a button in the app to switch app language between English and Spanish. Please note that this feature only switch the app language, not the device language(Locale). We are using default "Language" tag on pushwoosh portal for segmentation. So the problem is , if user is on Spanish Language in the app, he/she still get English Push Notification because his/her device's language is english.

permanent link
answered 28 Sep, 12:22

yasiralijaved

Hello,

In this case, Custom Tag associated with the menu inside the app is a perfect solution, as I have suggested earlier. Thus, you will be able to send the messages based on the language chosen by users, not on device settings.

Regards, Ivan

permanent link
answered 02 Oct, 06:23
iskoritzky's gravatar image

iskoritzky

I hope this will solve my problem. Thank you.

permanent link
answered 02 Oct, 07:34

yasiralijaved

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×22
×8
×5

question asked: 27 Sep, 18:34

question was seen: 80 times

last updated: 02 Oct, 07:34