i think the title is explicit enough. I've got 3 provision profiles; development, ad-hoc and distribution, when i configure , for example, the ad-hoc one, development & distribution profiles become invalid.

Is this behavior normal? do i have to configure the provision profiles each time i need them?

asked 24 Apr '14, 11:22
masakre's gravatar image

masakre

@datawaslost: I tried uploading a new build .ipa to TestFlight that was signed using my regular dev provisioning profile (not ad-hoc distribution-ready). TestFlight gives you a warning that things may not work as you desire. However, I have twenty TestFlight users who are happily using the app and successfully getting push notifications.

For me, this "solution" was good enough to unblock my current progress. I hope that this message can be of some assistance to you.

permanent link
answered 29 May '14, 00:19
pbergschneider's gravatar image

pbergschneider

In this case you probably should skip this step and make push profile compatible manually. just go to the Apple Dev Portal and "edit" the provisioning profile. As long as you have "aps-environment" entry it in (open in text editor to check) - it is good for action.

permanent link
answered 30 Apr '14, 17:34
shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

When I deploy my app directly from Xcode to a device using my dev provisioning profile, the device will receive push notifications properly for the app.

However, when I deploy my app to a device via TestFlight and signed with an Ad-hoc provisioning profile, the device will not receive push notifications for the app. My ad hoc provisioning profile does say it supports push notifications - see screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uca5kr365n1se3k/Screenshot%202014-05-16%2014.35.12.png

Can you offer any suggestions?

permanent link
answered 16 May '14, 22:06
pbergschneider's gravatar image

pbergschneider

I'm having this same problem on TestFlight - did you find a solution?

permanent link
answered 29 May '14, 00:15
datawaslost's gravatar image

datawaslost

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×352
×326
×6
×3
×1

question asked: 24 Apr '14, 11:22

question was seen: 1,992 times

last updated: 29 May '14, 00:19