I will try to set the icon that will come out in the status bar.

Please enter the path of all. However, I'm not sure.

It will be good if you give me an example. (Ex: res / drawable / noti_icon.png example)

asked 07 May '14, 09:46
shoon0307's gravatar image

shoon0307

Hello,

Actually, in the "Icon" field in your Control Panel you can specify only a URL to some image file stored outside of the application (for instance, on your server). In case you would like to use a custom icon that is stored in the bundle of your app, you can use the "android_icon" section of the createMessage request; unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible via Control Panel, although it is definitely on our roadmap.

permanent link
answered 07 May '14, 09:57
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

Hi,

Could you please clarify how to use a different icon for the push notification? I don't want to use an image url I want to use one of my drawable inside the project. You mentioned android_icon in the section create message, but I don't understand what you meant by that.

Thanks.

permanent link
answered 17 Mar '15, 12:22
Roberto's gravatar image

Roberto

This question is unanswered. I'm also trying to set android_icon to point to a PNG file in the app's resources. I've tried loads of ways of specifying a path but only the default icon is shown, not my one.

permanent link
answered 24 May '16, 16:59
Gary_oo's gravatar image

Gary_oo

The only way to define an icon for PNs is to do nothing and the PW plugin (for PhoneGap at least) will automatically use the icons defined in config.xml. It's not the ideal solution as I'd like to specify the icon with each PN.

(24 May '16, 19:55) Gary_oo Gary_oo's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×447
×16

question asked: 07 May '14, 09:46

question was seen: 5,096 times

last updated: 24 May '16, 19:55