Is there a way I can override the default notification processing of the Android library and handle the notification event myself? Basically, call the NotificationManager.notify() method myself, with my own notification? The PushWoosh API doesn't provide some customization that I would like to implement (custom LED colours, inbox style notifications, etc)

asked 23 May '14, 20:55
iainconnor's gravatar image

iainconnor

I was wondering the exact same thing. I need to display different type of layouts for my notifications and I can't find the way of doing it with this library.

permanent link
answered 16 Mar '15, 16:31
Roberto's gravatar image

Roberto

Hi Roberto, you might try to create a custom intent service inherited from our "PushGCMIntentService":

If you need to handle custom notifications from your server, you should create a class extended from com.arellomobile.android.push.PushGCMIntentService, and include this custom intent service under the “PW_PUSH_SERVICE” tag in your manifest file.

permanent link
answered 17 Mar '15, 09:34
Benedict's gravatar image

Benedict

I assume you're suggesting overriding the com.arellomobile.android.push.PushGCMIntentService#onMessage method, yes? How are we supposed to know what gets done internally in that method that we need to sync with to ensure things like delivery status' are handled properly, since PushWoosh chose to close off it's source code?

Just as an example, without decompiling the source code, how would one know that com.arellomobile.android.push.PushGCMIntentService#onMessage calls com.arellomobile.android.push.PushServiceHelper#generateNotification which calls com.arellomobile.android.push.DeviceFeature2_5#sendMessageDeliveryEvent which I assume does something to sync the delivered status of those messages. Without doing this, wouldn't the stats be off.

permanent link
answered 17 Mar '15, 15:17
iainconnor's gravatar image

iainconnor

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×326
×25

question asked: 23 May '14, 20:55

question was seen: 1,701 times

last updated: 17 Mar '15, 15:17