I am wondering if there is some sort of limit to the number of notifications that will show over a time period. This morning I had been testing by sending to my personal android and after a few tests the messages no longer show up on the device. However, they do show as delivered in the PushWoosh console. Any ideas as to what might be causing that? It's kind of frustrating because the PushWoosh console shows the messages as delivered but also as not opened. Any ideas would be appreciated.

asked 14 Jun '14, 15:12
fightmatch's gravatar image

fightmatch

edited 24 Nov '14, 11:10

shader's gravatar image

shader
3.9k7

I found that too, after restart Android phone my app can receive notification again.

(16 Jun '14, 07:58) Linerd_push Linerd_push's gravatar image

Uninstalling the application and reinstalling it allowed it to get notifications again so it leads me to believe that there may be a limit either at the device level or somewhere on how many notifications can be sent in an hour or ???. Anyone know if that is true or what might cause notifications to not work?

permanent link
answered 14 Jun '14, 15:29
fightmatch's gravatar image

fightmatch

I have noticed the same. Usually it works to clear the cache and data for the app. Though i haven't found any consistent solution/cause to the problem.

permanent link
answered 17 Jun '14, 08:11
Perviking's gravatar image

Perviking

When this happens to me, it actually still receives messages but only when it's in foreground. Have you tried testing if that works? If yes. Then we have the same issue. I'm testing on a Moto G with Android 4.4.2.

permanent link
answered 17 Jun '14, 08:24
Perviking's gravatar image

Perviking

Have experienced this issue, can confirm.

permanent link
answered 24 Nov '14, 08:39
ClassCard's gravatar image

ClassCard

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×446
×11

question asked: 14 Jun '14, 15:12

question was seen: 1,254 times

last updated: 24 Nov '14, 11:10