Hi,

I have created two filters through Pushwoosh, 'India only' and 'Denmark only' which should make sure that messages are only delivered to each country. My iOS app is still in test mode, but when I try out the filters it sends to all devices, no matter the location. What am I doing wrong? I have only integrated the Pushwoosh SDK and not done any of this http://www.pushwoosh.com/programming-push-notification/advanced-tags-guide/

Should I do that?

Please help me out

asked 19 Jun '14, 09:43
Perviking's gravatar image

Perviking

Hello,

Could you please let us know whether the issue is persistent? I can see only one push notification with a filter enabled (614201401), and it was sent only to two of your subscribers, so everything seems to be working.

(19 Jun '14, 10:12) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

The two previous messages also had filters enabled, but they were for my test devices. One of them is located in India and when I sent a message with the 'India only' filter enabled I also received it here in Denmark. The one you reference to was sent as a normal Woosh and can only be received by the two Android phones I have here in Denmark.

(19 Jun '14, 10:18) Perviking Perviking's gravatar image

Are filters not enabled when sending a 'test push'?

(19 Jun '14, 10:33) Perviking Perviking's gravatar image

Unfortunately, geozones, dynamic content, filters/tags are also not available for test devices.

permanent link
answered 19 Jun '14, 14:34
XXXX's gravatar image

XXXX
2.2k6

Unfortunately filters for test devices is not planned to implement =(

permanent link
answered 19 Jun '14, 10:49
XXXX's gravatar image

XXXX
2.2k6

Ok, that would be a good thing to know. How about geozones? Do they work on test devices?

permanent link
answered 19 Jun '14, 11:11

Perviking

Ok. I have spent a lot of time trying to get stuff to work but couldn't because i was testing on test devices. Maybe I'm going full retard, but I think that would be a very good thing to add when sending test pushes.

permanent link
answered 19 Jun '14, 14:46

Perviking

Apologies for not stating it clear, we will add necessary comments in the Control Panel to avoid such confusion in future.

(20 Jun '14, 10:51) Alex Spotar Alex%20Spotar's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×444
×64
×22

question asked: 19 Jun '14, 09:43

question was seen: 2,051 times

last updated: 20 Jun '14, 10:51