Hi,

I created a account in push woosh. I just want to send some test notifications to my android phone from pushwoosh. I configured my android phone as a test device and when tried to send some test woosh. I can see it failed with Invalid Registration. Now I want to know .. how do i get the device token for my android phone which I need to configure in the test device section? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

asked 12 Jul '14, 10:16
vinodhdevstudent's gravatar image

vinodhdevstu...

Hello,

Actually, pretty much all you need in order to retrieve the device's push is any logcat tool.

There is a logcat tool in the Android SDK that you can download on android.com.

You should simply open the monitor.bat file, connect your device to the PC and allow USB debugging in the Android settings. Android push tokens always start with "APA91", so it is quite easy to locate them.

permanent link
answered 16 Jul '14, 06:55
Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Dmitry Dyudeev
3.7k7

edited 16 Jul '14, 06:56

Is there any alternative method to get the token on code? E.x.: if you need to assign the token to a remote database registered user

(17 Jul '14, 06:39) fcjurado fcjurado's gravatar image

Hello,

Yes, of course there is. You should use the corresponding method from our SDK: for instance, on Native Android, you can use getPushToken method, as you can see here.

(30 Jul '14, 04:50) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Perfect! In Native Android there are lot of methods, that doc is gold. Now, I'm on a Titanium Appcelerator project, and there's no method like getPushToken. I made a suggestion to include it on the following suggestion: https://community.pushwoosh.com/questions/1009/get-device-token?page=1&focusedAnswerId=1037#1037

Thanks!

(30 Jul '14, 07:07) fcjurado fcjurado's gravatar image

I strongly apologize for the inconvenience! My bad, I missed your response.

We haven't published the module yet, but you can download it here. The method is exactly the same - "getPushToken".

(30 Jul '14, 07:50) Dmitry Dyudeev Dmitry%20%20Dyudeev's gravatar image

Perfect! The method now is defined ;) Thanks! Please upload it to github and notify in this thread to people be informed, thanks.

(31 Jul '14, 09:21) fcjurado fcjurado's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×447
×38
×12

question asked: 12 Jul '14, 10:16

question was seen: 20,423 times

last updated: 31 Jul '14, 09:21